evening chaps, need some help....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
not yet, trying to find some one in the USA to post it to me as the shipping is awfull !

but at least i found one :)

looks like a cracking knife :)

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
I've just spoken to Frank at FRAMAR about the Ka-Bar 2225 and he is going to bring a few of them into the UK :)

I told him I’d take one and I also mentioned that some of the BCUK members may be interested. He has requested them from his supplier today and should have confirmation back this afternoon regarding availability and so on :D

I'd have updated the thread sooner but Frank has been in Ireland for the last week.

I will update this thread once Frank can confirm availability and cost to us here in the UK, after which you can all go and pester him direct.

FRAMAR's number, for when stock arrives: 01254 264486

Further bulletins as news warrants...

Nov 18, 2008
Manitoba, Canada
What's strange is that the series isn't listed on Ka-Bar's site anywhere...I've also checked with a dozen dealers and none have them listed as well...Maybe it was a prototype that got cancelled?

US dealer who's prices are usually low but not necessarily the lowest is Tomar's Ka-Bar and he doesn't have it listed.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
defo not a prototype, i've found one place that has it, and one thats out of stock ( see above links ), we await Franks response and see what will happen :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I cain't find it on KaBar's site either. I'm guessing that since KaBar's site is a US site it's probably not being offered for sale here therefore not listed on the US site. The gun and automobile manufacturers maintain multiple website for different product lines offered on different continents.

Nov 18, 2008
Manitoba, Canada
Many companies have different models or materials for those models offered on different continents--Browning being a prime example. I've seen knife models made with carbon steel only available in North America and only in stainless in Europe or vice versa.

Although I don't recall Ka-Bar being one of those and they are quite prompt at updating their web site..

Robbi, how many sites did you check that had them listed but out of stock/back ordered (Abel's in USA)compared to one that only listed the $80 price but couldn't check availability unless I cashed out (Country Knives in USA)? Were there any GB or Euro dealers listing but not stocking them?

There could be another serious (criminal) reason for none of the twenty odd major dealers I checked with just not only not carrying them but have never heard of that model--as well as not being listed on Ka-Bar's site.

I would send Ka-Bar an E-mail asking if they have that knife at all for release this year or not--for whatever reasons--They have always been very prompt in responding and this way you'll know for sure why they are out of stock and not listed.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
I originally asked Frank to bring a couple over and he has ordered 3.

One is reserved under my name (keep your filthy hands off :D) and the other two will be up for grabs as and when they arrive.

He has had his order confirmed by his supplier in the States, so the knife certainly exists and is on the market...

Only trouble is that combined customs/shipping and VAT bumps the price to us over here in the UK.

VAT especially is a killer: Frank's estimated cost is about £40 (ish) per unit, to be confirmed, but he doesn't think it will be more than a pound or two out in either direction.

I've no idea (and don't much care) whether that compares to bringing your own over individually - Frank's a gem to deal with and I am more than happy for him to have the headaches of sourcing and importing, and if that makes a different to the cost it can't be huge on such a modestly priced knife. A hassle-free order is worth paying for :)

So, Frank is waiting for the knives to arrive and will have two going spare once they reach him, for around the £40 mark. He can and will get more if folks want them, but this is a 'test the water' foray to see what they're like.

Over to you lot :)

bigstoney

Oct 31, 2008
Ilminster
From the research I've done I think the MK1 with stacked leather is only available to dealers through Blue Ridge knives (distributor/wholesaler) and was due to be released stateside about nowish. Might help explain this particular model's lack of general availability.

Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE