Escape from the "Dancing Queen"-(pic heavy)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
With the prospect of New Years entertainment from the two ladies of a certain age who inhabit a motor cruiser berthed nearby being a possible repeat of hours, of their version of Abba's "Dancing Queen," each slightly more slurred than the previous attempt, I chickened out, packed my gear and headed off ashore.

Tuesday 30th December..quite mild, but forecast was for minus temperatures to come. As I don't care to sleep dangling between two trees, I picked a spot for the tent where I'd at least get any early sun on offer. Took the camera, it's a Fuji and black, and that's the extent of my photographic knowledge..:)
tripone009.jpg

It was obvious that B. Bunny &Co are busy in the area.
tripone012.jpg

This one at the edge of the wood amused me,they obviously just nip out the front door for a quick nibble on the fallen branches.
Further into the wood I came across these which might interest some of you.
tripone006.jpg
tripone002-1.jpg
tripone003.jpg
tripone005.jpg

Not many miles from this spot, this little river has 10,000 ton merchant ships floating on it.
tripone008.jpg

tripone015.jpg

Tonight temperatures are expected to fall to minus 4 celcius (said the BBC)
tripone014.jpg

Yep! I can vouch for that!! and the next 3 nights too. Still, I escaped the "Dancing Queen" and got back aboard with the New Year 4 days old.
(sorry 'bout the layout, can't work the system properly)..:D

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
:) Bod, the "Dancing Queen" ladies are two err mature ladies who spend weekends and holidays with their friends on a large motorcruiser berthed near where I live on my boat. After sampling a few gallons of alcohol they burst into song, sometimes accompanied by hilarious wobbly dancing on the jetty. They only know one song however.. and after a couple of hours even I get bored with hearing it..But hey! they enjoy themselves, good luck to them, anyway it gives me an excuse to pack my gear and go walk-a-bout.:D :D

Mistwalker, next time I'm out that way I'll see if I can get some more internal photos of those Yurts.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks really good Wicca and the yurts are very interesting. Who do they belong to?

As for pics I quite liked the way they were laid out in your posting but if you do want them to line up all neatly then just hit 'enter' after each picture caption and each picture code and hey presto they'll be all lined up neatly on the left margin :)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I'll give that a try next time Mesquite, thanks. The Yurts are on an private estate where I sometimes camp. They are rented out to folk who invariably seem to come down from the towns. They were in the process of being checked/aired and I was able to get the photos. It's not a "sporting" estate as many are round here and is a bit of a haven for wildlife. Just out of interest, I heard a Nightjar on two consecutive nights as well as the usual hooting competitions between the Tawny Owls.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE