Esbit Pocket Stove and Stanley Camp Cook Set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftdave

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2016
USA
[video=youtube;mfPkR0WbO70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfPkR0WbO70[/video]

I think this combo is one of the easiest and most affordable cooking sets you can find. It's not the best or the lightest, but cheap and easy. Let me know what you guys think.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
No complaints here. I used the exact same set up for years for a quick brew while out, served me well. In fact I would still be using it if my wife hadn't surprised me with a Crusader 1 cook set. Nice video very well done.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Good video there,

I use one as a mug when out, I've never really been impressed with it however, too small for a proper pot and the handle arrangement makes it awkward to store nested with a bottle.

Tonyuk

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Nice video. I looked at the stanley as an option for a brew kit, but in the end decided against. I ended up with the Evernew Appalachian set, which is very light, but stupid expensive. The evernew burner is also very fuel inefficient. I've been using it with the Zelph Starlight burner, and as a combo it works really well.

I've been experimenting with the GSI glacier mug as a cheaper alternative to the evernew stuff.

Not a fan of esbit either, a tablet never seems to be quite the right amount to cook/boil what I'm making.

Good video tho, and if you like the cookset, even better!

J

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Good set up the mug will be big enough for a meal as well. It's always a good idea to add twigs, means the fuel tabs last longer

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I rather like the idea of using the esbit stove as a kind of fire kit come twig burner. I'd ditch the hexi tabs and fill it instead with fire lighting material, it would be a nice way of practicing firecraft while out on day trips.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Nice video and a great setting.

It is a good set up and the backpacker Nalgene fits inside the Stanley set up as well.

I also have the pathfinder mug on the outside and that makes it into a two pot system with a water bottle. You can and I have removed the handle when transporting it but it is easy to put the handle back on. The only thing that it does not come with is a hanging system but I have improvised one with some brake cable and a couple of electrical choc blocks.

The only thing that it does not come with is a hanging system but I have improvised one with some brake cable and a couple of electrical choc blocks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE