Err... Knitting question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
My girlfriend wants to knit me a scarf :thinkerg: and she has never knitted anything in her life so she has asked me to ask on here. So does anybody know of a good knitting tutorial website or have any good sound knowledge of knitting that can help?

:240: :grouphug:

Andy and swmbo

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Continental knitting is different from both English and *normal* (to us :rolleyes: )
It all depends on the way the hands hold the pins/needles and the yarn.

There are really good books and magazines out there now as well as websites.
I'm a member of a historic knitting forum, but there are a lot of more modern ones too.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricKnit/

Hope you find what SWMBO is looking for.
atb,
Toddy

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
My wife knits all thetime and I have even knitted a jumper myself. Any questions we'll be glad to help.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Thanks for the links guys :You_Rock_

We have bought some wool and the correct size needles so we have quite a bit of reading to do and then get started.

I think Im going to have to knit my own Dr Who scarf though (SWMBO doesnt like it, I really cant see why :confused: ) , Just think of all the things a really long scarf could be used for :rolleyes:

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Knitting is probably an advanced bushcraft skill. We make cordage, but don't often makes a garment out of it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE