Enter/return key inoperative in reply box!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Here's a weird thing, my "enter button" does not work when I am typing replies on the forum. It must be something to do with the "reply window" as once I submit the reply, I can select "Edit reply" and put in all the necessary "enter strokes" to make the post neat & tidy. I will admit that I am using Windows 8, after years of Ubuntu/Linux so it could well be something that I've not yet figured out - it is more than a little frustrating. It means that all my replies look like thin unless I edit them after posting! Cheers Ogri the trog

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I should also add that I have replied of other forums where the key operates as normal - weird huh!

ATB

Ogri the trog

PS Edited this one!

Last edited:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Originally posted by Fruit Loop in a similar thread - serves me right for not looking around beforehand!

I have had the same problem on this and another forum I use. I have found that if I click the switch editor to source mode icon, the one that appears far left and looks like A/A, the one with out the red cross, has sorted it for me. Not sure I there is a setting I need to click on in my settings page for the forum, maybe to change it to wysiwyg or something? I hope this helps for the time being.

The solution I have just found that works for me,

From the top of the page click on settings,
Scroll down to 'my settings'
Under 'my account' click on 'general settings'
Scroll down to 'miscellaneous' and instead of 'enhanced interface - full wysiwyg' select 'standard editor - extra formatting controls'
Scroll down to bottom of page and click 'save'

Cheers

Ogri the trog

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Here's a weird thing, my "enter button" does not work when I am typing replies on the forum. It must be something to do with the "reply window" as once I submit the reply, I can select "Edit reply" and put in all the necessary "enter strokes" to make the post neat & tidy. I will admit that I am using Windows 8, after years of Ubuntu/Linux so it could well be something that I've not yet figured out - it is more than a little frustrating. It means that all my replies look like thin unless I edit them after posting! Cheers Ogri the trog

I had a similar issue this morning on a single post, except I could use the Enter key. Everything seemed fine until I'd clicked to post my reply The reply went onto the forum with all grammatical spacings and line breaks removed. As with yourself, I edited them back in :) .

EDIT: In my instance it was one lonely post and I'd not changed any settings prior to the reply and haven't reset anything since :dunno:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE