Ennerdale over Easter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

S1lver

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2013
Windsor
Off to the Lakes soon and Ive negotiated a night out with tarp and hammock.

Having reserched wild Ennerdale on the web I made contact with a forestry commision rep who could not have been more helpful in providing details of where wild camping is permitted in the valley.

Ill be following the simple guidance they request you follow and am looking forward to a night out in the forest.

Nice to see a progressive and tolerant attitude being displayed which certainly encourages me to ensure the opportinity is not abused.

Report will follow as long as the bears dont get me!

Steve

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Great stuff, I'm sure you'll have a good time.If you haven't already then take a look at some of the trip reports on here, I know Shewie has had a few nights around Ennerdale with his hammock as have I :)

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I love Ennerdale, I had my first proper outdoor experiences there in my mid teens. I've been exploring it again over the last few years, and while there have been lots of changes ( trees chopped down etc ), it's still the wild place it was when I started going there almost 30 years ago.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE