English Roadkill Safari.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
On my way home from work in Nottinghamshire to my home in Cumbria this afternoon I saw many examples of dead wild animals on the road. As I had my foot down at the time, some of these are guesses:

Many rabbits, many pheasants, lots of hedgehogs, a couple of blackbirds ( there was almost a couple more this morning as I almost knocked two cock blackbirds over who were fighting in the street ), and a squashed black and white thing that was either a cat or a badger. To round things off, a heron almost flew into the side of my car as I drove over the bridge into my village.

On a seperate note, I was passed by a white flash on the A66 that I think was Shewie in his Scirrocco.

Cheers, Michael.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It has to be said that there is an enormous amount of dead stuff on the roads lately. Around my area, I've recorded five slow-worms, three adders, a grass snake, five badgers, a mole, two foxes, a weasel, a hedgehog and about four pheasants. What's going on?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've seen two badgers and plenty of bunnies but not much else yet. When I go down to the folks house in Melton Mowbray the roads are strewn with pheasants, usually too bashed up to salvage though.

On a seperate note, I was passed by a white flash on the A66 that I think was Shewie in his Scirrocco.

Cheers, Michael.

Lol, could've been mate :rolleyes:
But I swear I didn't run anything over in the process :drive:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE