Enamel plates cups and bowls...

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Morrisons have them ATM, a cup is £1:50 and the same for a plate and bowl i think....

just thought i would say...:)

regards.

chris.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A wee bit OT, but I bought some of the so called enamel plates and bowls from poundland........and they're not real enamel, as in melted glass, but enamel paint :rolleyes:
I wiped some of it off with thinners trying to remove the sticky bit of the label from the bottom of the plate :sigh:
Probably fine for most things, but I won't be thinking of heating up the bowl a bit by sitting it too close to the fire.

cheers,
Toddy

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
this stuff looked the real deal Mary, one of the plates was chipped off at the side and looked real to me????

could be wrong though????

next time im in i will have another look (and take some meths :rolleyes: )

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
thanks for this as I was planning on getting a set from poundland /99p but I can see now morrisons will be worth the trip. I know its not huge money but on my buget it still matters, again thanks

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Is that green stuff made foam cotton?

I have a big role of that stuff. If you need a few strips I could post it stuck to a bit if plastic for the job.

Cheers

Rick

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mehshd

thats the stuff, i have tan and green being a geek like that, but it would be much better than gaffer tape, it wont melt as easy and is probably more heat resistant.....

:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The sniper tape is brilliant for canvas repairs too. It'll hold the canvas together neatly and allow you to sew through it to stabilise the whole thing :cool: That way by the time the glue fails or degrades the stitching will be in place and the repair is sound :) Also works on wee tears in the old cotton covered down bags to stop leakages as well as strengthening the inside corners of canvas rucksacs.

I didn't know it came in other colours than green though. Interesting :)

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE