empty shotgun shells

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
backwoodsman said:
what would you use them for?

Sometime I leave my truck parked up in isolated rural areas, so I scatter spent shotgun cartridges around the dash of my LandRover as an anti theft deterrent with the vain hope that any potential scumbag may think twice if he believes I maybe nearby with a shotgun.

I do not own a shotgun so my 'collection' consists of nice condition ones I have picked up when out and about.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Of course they might screw your car looking for the shotgun!

I tend to hide all evidence of my firearms - I suspect they are more an attraction than a deterrent!

Red

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
saffy said:
Sometime I leave my truck parked up in isolated rural areas, so I scatter spent shotgun cartridges around the dash of my LandRover as an anti theft deterrent with the vain hope that any potential scumbag may think twice if he believes I maybe nearby with a shotgun.

I do not own a shotgun so my 'collection' consists of nice condition ones I have picked up when out and about.

MMMmmmm seems like a VERY bad plan to me.

John

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
Hunter_zero said:
MMMmmmm seems like a VERY bad plan to me.

John

*shrug* my landrover is made in the 1950's ... they didn't think to include door locks, no crime back then don't you know.

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
saffy said:
*shrug* my landrover is made in the 1950's ... they didn't think to include door locks, no crime back then don't you know.

Back when I was eighteen..... :rolleyes:

I used to park my old Cavalier next to an electrical distribution box in a country lane as I had permission to go shooting over the adjoining farm fields. It wasn't the most deserted place on earth. My mate, a good ten years my senior used to keep telling me not to leave bits and bobs hanging around the car, on show for all to see.
On this occasion, my mate and I were out shooting rabbits. After a good mornings shoot, we headed back to the car. Half way across the last field I heard a window smash. Off I ran, gun in hand (not with any intent mind you). I get to the gate and see this lanky chap going through the glove box, my gun slip in hand!
'WHAT THE FU*K ARE YOU UP TO THEN!!!' I shouted. This chap looks at me ( I have forgotten I have a gun), I swear to god, I have never seen such a look of fear on a mans face as the look he gave me. 'Sh!t...he's gota gun', the chap muttered, out the car and off he ran. At this point my mate turns up, 'STOP OR HE'LL SHOOT!' my mate cries out. Well, this chap starts to zig, zag up the road, like you seen in the war films. Left and right, left and right. Poor guy must have been knackered. The with out a word of a lie, he flies in to a commando roll ( :confused: ), back up left and right.
Well by the time I managed to pull myself up off the floor and stop the spontaneous laughing, I did realise that he had taken my gun slip, after that day I left nothing on show and most certainly left nothing to advertise guns.

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE