Emergency fire kit.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Made me a small waterproof firelighting kit for emergencys.
Contains storm matches, regular matches with striker, 2 Esbit fuel tablets.
Packed in a plastic tube. Found in my drawer a Fenix flashlight pouch which fit this set perfectly, has a belt loop and a D-ring.
Size 3 x 13cm. Small enough to fit in pocket or can be hanged on a pack or bag.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Made a bigger one that sits in my trousers cargo pocket.
Pouch is Maxpedition Fatty.

Small Silky saw.
Storm proof matches and striker.
Mini-knife.
Cyalume 12h green.
6 x esbit fuel tablets.
3 x alco gel fuel.
Telescopic blow tube (work as bellows).

Reactions: TLM and Erbswurst

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Haven´t tried my stuff with wet wood. With dry wood, yes.
The alco gel and esbit tablets each burn for at least 5 min. If one feeds small enough wood (like tiny branches) and slowly build up with bigger and taking it slowly and methodically there should not be too much of problems. There should be fairly dry branches next to the tree trunk if the tree has a fairly thick canopy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erbswurst

z_bumbi

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2016
Linköping, Sweden
With esbit I try to use all of the heat as its a pretty steady flame for at least five minutes. So many layers above the flame and when holding the hand above the stack of twigs/split wood there shouldn't be much heat left. When something starta to burn it adds to the heat and the layers above keep drying.

Reactions: Herman30 and Toddy

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Have this other fire kit in a pouch with sewn on buckles. Looked at it and my brain started working; what if I attach a shoulder strap to the pouch. And then remembered that I have another like it without use. How would it be to combine those two. One containing fire kit and the other knife and saw. Would be a lightweight kit to have with you if you don´t have pockets or if one leaves main pack in camp and go for a stroll or whatever. So I just had to give it a try.

Upper pouch = knife and saw. Plenty of room left for a small first aid kit or snacks or...or...
Lower pouch = fire kit.

Backside.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE