Electrickery and RCD's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
The thing that I would consider in my humble thought process as a 'fuse' was changed from a 'B' to a 'C'. this has resolved all problems. Apparently the appliances pull current on that ring very quickly as one of the appliances has kind of starter motor. We established this by some jiggery pokery with an extension lead.

The situation is now resolved. What they dont tell you about the new consumer units is that the 'trip system' works by a magnetic field. So if and when it does trip, you should leave if for about 5-10 mins to discharge. This is one of those things of experiance and not a technical aspect. Also to turn off everything and then turn it back on at 10 min intervals.

oh yes... also got the rat that caused the mischife... little b'stard :AR15firin :AR15firin

Thanks for the help guys! Most informative as ever.

Sandsnakes

Jan 18, 2009
Northern Ireland
Been reading this thread avidly and reminded me of the last time that I did some electrical work.

The firm I was working for sent me out to fix a woman's doorbell - Bue she wasn't in!!!.........lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE