Elder flower cordial recipe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Very good move :D

Personaly, I'd squash em to get the soaked juice out, and add it to the rest of the good stuff ! Orrrrrr..... dehydrate them, the result has to be soo very sweet, a real natural candy !

Cheers !

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
I get mine from a small local chemist, but I have also got it in a chemist within a supermarket in the past (think it was Sainsburys??).

If you still have no luck Phil let me know and I'll send you some.

j

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
That means: Very well, thanks! That I must note.

Anyone would think i speak German! I found a language converter you see. http://www.google.com/language_tools

Have you got the citric acid now or are you experimenting without?

Ah - cheating! Ha-ha! It's not far off: the equivalent phrase in English is 'I must make a mental note of that' and is accompanied with quizzical look and chin-stroking.

I'm not sure - I'm going to try and find some in the apoteke this weekend but, if no joy, I'm going to add lemon juice! I'll have a look on t'internet to see what the equivalent of two tsps of citric acid is in lemon juice. Knowing my luck, probably about 40.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Right, using some very rough calculations I work it out at 185 ml of lemon juice is equivalent to 2 teaspoons of citric acid.

I'll try it this weekend!

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
That is a great post! I have just gotten into eating them, and this article confirms my idea that this is an untapped resource

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Has anyone got an update as to how the cordial tastes when substituting the citric acid for lemon juice. Im having the same problem finding citric acid.

Stu

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hi
I have just made some of this cordial
It is very good "just like the stuff you buy in the shop" said SWMBO

Stu you will get citric acid in any small pharmacy /chemists shop

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
I have just made a batch. My recipe was more or less the same as those mentioned.

4 Pints water
3/4 bag of sugar, about a pound and a half
2 lemons, 1 sliced, the rind of the other
About 25-30 flower heads

Boil the water and disolve the suger, leave to cool a bit. After about an hour pop in the flour heads and the lemon. Cover and leave for 24 hours.

Next day, bottle and pop in fridge!

No citric acid, just the juice of the lemon.

The mixture is lovely mixed with vodka. Or mixed with soda water / diet lemonade. Very refreshing taste of summer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE