Elder Flower Champagne

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
Just seen this thread.

Someone I give a lift to work to gave me a bottle of elderflower champagne that she made recently (she usually "pays" for the lift in cake!). Lovely stuff! Gotta give it a go myself next year.

still flowers about if you look hard enough ;)

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
We did a batch last year and llost nearly half to "bottle bombs"! and we are about to embark on this years batch.

Incidently we had a bottle left undrunk from last year that got cracked open last weekend and, expecting vinegar was quite surprised to find a rather pleasant tasting brew still. Albeit VEEEERRRRYYYYY fizzy!

What you all using for the bottling please as we are concerned after what happened last year? (we used re-cycled champagne bottles, plastic corks and cages)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I now use PET bottles - if a plastic bottle bursts it does not send out leathal shrapnel!
Coke and cider bottles are built to hold a lot of pressure.....

Jun 17, 2011
Sussex
I accidently let my specific gravity get too low. As a result it is barely sparkling. Got another bre on the go tho with the last of the elderflowers I found

FreedomandTruth

Jul 4, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hi
Quite new to this! I made some elderflower wine 2 weeks ago. It is quite alcoholic and delicious!
I made it without brewers yeast- relying on the natural yeast on the flowers.

However after sampling this delicious drink I became worried there may have been 'nasties' in there....
oops!

Does anyone know if the alcohol in the brew will have killed off any nasty bugs? I had an egg cup full
and felt pleasantly relaxed all evening haha.

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE