eka w11???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Has anyone got any experience of the EKA bushman w11. Been looking at it on a couple of sites and it looks quite a nice tool (and within my budget, just!).
I already have a lapp pukko and it's great, but it would be nice to know how they compare.

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
Hi Baggins,

A friend of mine has just received his through the post. I haven't seen it in action yet , but I think it is a really nice knife. The handle is very comfortable and the thumb grip on the top of the blade is in just the right place. The blade is quite thick and gives you the impression that it will give many years of service. The overall finish is very neat. The tip is quite "stubby", but nothing to worry about.

The sheath is well made and strong and no way will the knife drop out, even if you were hanging upside down in a tree.

I would guess that it would be difficult to find a knife with better value for money than the W11. There is a ten year guarantee also.

It has my vote.

Julian.

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
I was wondering when this knife would come up. I bought one about two years ago from www. toolshop.de at what I would consider a good price. It is very similar in size to the wood lore (if you put the EKA on top of the Woodlore Knife picture in the Bushcraft book by RM there is not alot in it) It took me a while to figure out how to sharpen it properly but when I did I have managed to get it razor sharp. It is a beautiful knife well made and will take a razor sharp edge. I would recommend this knife to everyone. It does come with a ten year warranty which has to give some peace of mind. It has been my favourite for a while and if you consider that the Sandvik 12c27 is used in the stainless steel Frost Mora knives that are recommed by just about everybody including Mors Kochanski and Ray Mears as his training knife. This knife will take alot of use ,stay sharp, can be used near water or cut vegs (with water in them ,as they all do) and give pleasure to the owner. I know that there is an argument over Stainless against Carbon steel but in the real world both are good with the proper care, they need no further comment. I have to say that I have found Stainless (especially Sandvik 12c27) to be great to work with for most tasks. Enough said.Enjoy.

J

Josey Wales

Hej Lore!

Does the back of the knife shower sparks when used with a fire-steel? :confused:

Cheers

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Never tried an EKA, but the steel is rather good. It's 12c27 which is a good steel when it is sharpened. It can get pretty sharp and will hold it's edge for fairly long time, I have a few knives and blades in this steel, very good. :)

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
Josey Wales said:
Hej Lore!

Does the back of the knife shower sparks when used with a fire-steel? :confused:

Cheers
It will give a good shower of sparks if you strike it at the grooved thumb grip. Not so good along the rest of the blade although some filing might help this.

Dec 19, 2004
Stockport
Hello everyone

Theres an EKA currently being flogged on evil-bay (Item number: 5206933075) no bids yet, probably the opening price of £50.00 as put some folk off!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE