Editing profile

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
How do I edit the bit on my profile that says 'Space and Time'? It used to funny when we had different levels and it said Traveller underneath but now it just bugs me!!

Hope someone can help.....

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Haha...I'm sure it was obvious when I first did it about 10yrs ago but I've no idea now! Tony, Mary... Help please!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Click on your User Name, and that ought to bring up a wee panel. There ought to be (mine has a Mod's control thingie so it's not the same) an icon that you can click on to let you get to your Main Profile Page, and you ought to be able to Edit your tag line/motto/?? from there.

I think it should work......give it a go, and let me know ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Go to your name at the top right of this page, on the green header bar.
That will bring up a white box. Click on Account Details and that will take you to your Profile Page. You ought to be able to Edit your profile/ tag line, etc., there.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Go to your name at the top right of this page, on the green header bar.
That will bring up a white box. Click on Account Details and that will take you to your Profile Page. You ought to be able to Edit your profile/ tag line, etc., there.
I’ve never found any option to change the words directly under my username. There‘s a sig line option, where I can change the Krabbé quote.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Okaaay.....there are certain under the name titles that we can't edit, but Mesquite has 'anyone for sailing'......did you put that in yourself ? or was it forum generated ?

Himself's away to bed and has logged out of his computer so I can't pester him to let me see a member's screen.
If we don't suss this out this evening I'll try it tomorrow, or maybe just hassle an Admin :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Okaaay.....there are certain under the name titles that we can't edit, but Mesquite has 'anyone for sailing'......did you put that in yourself ? or was it forum generated ?

Himself's away to bed and has logged out of his computer so I can't pester him to let me see a member's screen.
If we don't suss this out this evening I'll try it tomorrow, or maybe just hassle an Admin :)
Quite a few people seem to have a customised logo under their username. Would it have been something that carried over from the old forum and now isn’t an option in the account settings and preferences?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, might be.

I'm going to flag this for Admin to have a looksee, and at least one of them ought to be able to come and tell us all how to sort this out :)

M

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

I put that up years ago when we could edit our tag lines and we also had different names based on the number of posts one had.

I did the 'Anyone for Sailing?' tag because my post name was a type of sailing dinghy and I've been stuck with it ever since :lmao: .

Reactions: Toddy

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I just changed mine but it might be because I’m a mod.
I followed Toddy’s instructions.
clicked edit custom title.
changed from BCUK welfare officer to simply Mod.

It might take awhile for me to come up with something witty.

Reactions: Toddy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's carried over from the old days of the forum when we were on vBulletin and it was never enabled on this platform. I can edit yours swotty? Just did it.

As a general question for Full members, do you want the option to change your titles?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE