EDC wanted to trade for locker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Hi all, I'm after a pocket knife to use as an EDC and I wondered if anyone had one to swap for a stainless steel British issue clasp knife (locking blade and tin opener) with the NATO numbers 5110-99-301-0301^2007. It's in excellent condition.

I also have a SAK Rucksack in excellent condition (with locking blade, saw, tin opener, bottle opener, flathead screwdriver, awl, corkscrew, tweezers and toothpick) which I would swap as well; either for another knife (open to offers) or as well as the previously mentioned one for a really nice EDC. Pics below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11980281@N03/3269051323/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11980281@N03/3269050363/

Both knives are great but I really can't justify buying yet ANOTHER knife (well I can always justify it to myself, but the others don't understand).

Cheers, Magentus

Haha.
Double edged combat salad knife.

Crazy times indeed.

I'm actually after a 2-piece BAK but only non-locking so I can EDC it. I've got the 3 piece (with marlinspike) now but the spike kinda gets in the way when you want to choke up on the blade.
If I wanted the locker I'd have it off you in a flash.

Good luck anyway. :)

craeg...

EDC can actually mean 2 things (both things are "Every Day Carry")

EDC in a general sense can be anything you carry daily (wallet, mobile phone, keys and so on)

When used in relation to knives it can mean the above - particularly in countries with more relaxed knife laws like the USA - but in the UK it can also mean a non-locking folding knife with a cutting edge of 3 inches or less.

In that sense EDC means something that can legally be carried most of the time without needing a "good reason" to do so.

Make sense?

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Ok swap over - due to no interest and complete lack of patience I have bought a Victorinox Soldier, and very lovely it is too, plus I get to keep both my other lockers!

A win win situation for me - Hurrah!

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Those S.E.A.L.s really love their butter don't they? Unfortunately as you'll know if you actually own one, the S.E.A.L SOG butter spatula has a blade that is not only over 5 inches, but locks too, making it doubly illegal under our UK knife laws to carry as an EDC.

Thanks for the offer though,

Magentus

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Pity I didn't see this earlier. I converted my SAK Rucksack to and EDC by busting the lock on it and grinding the blade to under 3 inches. It isn't to pretty but saved me a few bob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE