EDC - a bag or a jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
+1 for a bumbag

But then we are both living in mainland Europe where they are more common. :)

If Carlsberg made bumbags...

PA190020.JPG

The Maxpedition Octa.

:)

Good choice

IMG_1706.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Good choice..."

Brilliant! :)

I've thought about sticking some velcro on the back of my BCUK badge but have yet to find the time. It really is an amazingly well designed, tough wee bag.

[video=youtube;aGl0-g-S1y0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGl0-g-S1y0[/video]

"...I regularly carry the usual stuff - wallet, phone, keys, swiss army knife, leatherman micra, notebook and pen, digital camera, reading glasses and sunglasses, small torch, tiny first aid kit (a few plasters and half-a-dozen painkillers) and a spoon..."

I carry pretty much the same, but with a Leatherman Wave rather than a Swiss Army Knife, no sunglasses, a wooly hat or sun hat depending on the season, a shemagh and 'child support kit' which contains nappies, wipes, bouncy balls, chalk etc.

:)

Last edited:

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
It is.

I've worn mine pretty much daily for the last couple of years, buckle still clicks into place as it did when new and absolutely no wear on the bag at all.

Which to say that i'm usually up to my armpits inside dirty machine or laying under cars is a miracle really.

Love the secret pocket at the back, and all the separators and organisers, really well thought out and built product.

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
Hi,

I was overjoyed when man bags became fashionable in the '70's; I always destroyed the pockets of my jackets by overloading them and it didn't look good either (even though that was when I was slim). Snag was I also good at destroying the said bags!

I've been using a Neat Freak ( http://www.heinnie.com/maxpedition-neat-freak-bag ; no connection etc) for over 12 months now and it seems to be holding up ok. Great fun both working out what to store in which pocket and remembering where you've actually stored a particular item. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE