Eco system DVD

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
As a soon to be proud owner of a Magikelly hammock I thought I should work out how to rig one. Due to an absence of trees in my back yard and general vicinity (I don't think the newly planted Red Rose forest 'Street trees' would be up to the task :D ) this could be somewhat theoretical.

I admit to being completely clueless and have read somewhere that I could do a lot worse than watch Mr Mears Eco System Hammock DVD.

Trouble is, said DVD is out of stock. I don't suppose anyone has one they could lend me :rolleyes:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I have to say I was deeply underwhelmed by the DVD. Considering how well RM explains things in his programmes the DVD for the hammocks seemed to skip a lot of the details. Attaching the netting seemed to be glossed over in a few words, if I remember correctly.

It is certainly worth seeing if available but i would not spend £5 on it.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I agree with john I was so looking forward to seeing that DVD when i got my Eco Sleep that to say I was disappointed would be an understatement its not worth getting on it own have a look at it if you can but keep your money in your pocket.

There's 10x more info here on BCUK about hammock setups than on that DVD and if you have questions that are still left unanswered ask there are loads of us with hammock.

James

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Thanks guys

I have had a look here but often find it can take me an age to 'get' something without seeing it. Will try to work harder on my visualisation skills :)

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Have a look at this page. This is pretty much the bumpf that actually comes with the woodlore hammock. There is a tiny exerpt from the dvd here as well.

Also you can go ray mears website and see a clip from the dvd. Might give you an idea of what your paying for. Personally, it wet my appetite quite nicely...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE