ebay hexi stove heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr

The army hexi stove is a superb bit of design. Much better than the Titanium one you feature, which is pointless, as it does not do any more than three pebbles in a triangle which you can pick up on site.

By the way, that's the last time I'm visiting your website, as I just don't want loud sirens going off on my computer speakers for no sensible reason with no way of turning them off.

It's a shame really, the content is improving a lot on your site, but your love of bells, whistles and flashing gismos still spoils it for me.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't agree personally abushcrafter - I think that titanium esbit stove is an overpriced gadget.

However you are entitled to your opinion.

Thanks for the link BDM - I really like these for day walk brews - but have used my existing stove to the point of warping so a couple more to slip in my smock pocket will come in very handy -cheers!

Red

Titanium is overpriced full stop in my humble opinion, same as zebra pans (I'm sure I'll get banned one day for taking the pee out of zebra pans and Swedish Army alcohol cooksets).

Hexi stoves are fine though for a quick brew/heat a ration pack/boil noodles etc:), much the same as a Jetboil stove

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Don't think that counts as a flame war rik :lmao:

Oh that's bad, :naughty:

cheers,
Toddy....who quite likes the Hex stoves, fussfree, cheap kit. :cool: but admits to having a ti mug and reckons that the much maligned Catalytic stove is the best of the lot if you don't have to carry it far.

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
I know this may seem pedantic, but that doesn't fold flat and would bug me, I know the hexi isn't a slim bit of kit but is a uniform shape that would work anyway round in your pack, don't get me wrong each to their own, but silly things like that bug me,if it folded a little flatter then yes I would conseed that it would be better, but you still have to carry the fuel for it and I think thats where the hexi just has it being a fraction bigger than the fuel it carry's

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
I think I'll do the same as Gary and leave you to it as I'm not worried about changing any settings just because of that. :cool:

well please can you tell me what the html is then, :dunno: or give me a link.:rolleyes: but for now it has been deleted.
Also you lot :yo: got me thinking :thinkerg: about a NEW :newbie: stove :wow1: which you could make out of 2 soda drink cans:Wow: :approve: ,I will post pics later.

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
I know this may seem pedantic, but that doesn't fold flat and would bug me, I know the hexi isn't a slim bit of kit but is a uniform shape that would work anyway round in your pack, don't get me wrong each to their own, but silly things like that bug me,if it folded a little flatter then yes I would conseed that it would be better, but you still have to carry the fuel for it and I think thats where the hexi just has it being a fraction bigger than the fuel it carry's

look at my pics http://www.rosshome.dsl.pipex.com/abushcrafter/html/cooker_0.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE