Ebay candle lantern. Oil adaptor?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
If you contact them and find out the dimensions, then you'd know. It looks like it would, though.

Nice find,

Jake.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
capacious said:
If you contact them and find out the dimensions, then you'd know. It looks like it would, though.

Nice find,

Jake.
I have sent them (Zoelser) emails queries in the past and they never replied. And in German too I might add.
Thay have some bloody good stuff though, much of it designed and built inhouse.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Oh. Perhaps their spam guard filtered it?

I always make it a point of principle never to buy anything from a company that dosn't reply to e-mail enquiries... ah well, that looked like a great but of kit as well.

Jake.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't know whether it'd fit or not, but why would you want it to anyway?
The candles last for 9 hours *each*; that's a lot of parafin refills.
The candles go out if the lantern is toppled.
Parafin leaks, smells and smokes.

I don't mean to sound so dismissive but unless parafin is used under pressure and with a mantle I think you'd be better using the candle.
I'm open to being better informed though :)

Cheers,
Toddy

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Toddy said:
I don't know whether it'd fit or not, but why would you want it to anyway?
The candles last for 9 hours *each*; that's a lot of parafin refills.
The candles go out if the lantern is toppled.
Parafin leaks, smells and smokes.

I don't mean to sound so dismissive but unless parafin is used under pressure and with a mantle I think you'd be better using the candle.
I'm open to being better informed though :)

Cheers,
Toddy
It's supposed to be good for 8 hours on a refill. I figure it may be specific to the UCO lantern though as it replaces the candle and holder in the lantern.

p.s it is depressing that I am not the only person who has nothing better to do on a friday night.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm sitting sewing a set of Medieval braies, reading an on-line novel, blethering to HWMBLT, sipping chilled Elderflower wine, listening to the swallows outside the windows and nipping in and out of the forum.....it's a quiet, chilled out evening :D
Cheers,
Mary

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Toddy said:
I'm sitting sewing a set of Medieval braies, reading an on-line novel, blethering to HWMBLT, sipping chilled Elderflower wine, listening to the swallows outside the windows and nipping in and out of the forum.....it's a quiet, chilled out evening :D
Cheers,
Mary
Young lady I was getting at you. I was merely thinking that hitting ones thumb with a hammer may be an unpleasant experience; but that the image of the entire population of the globe suffering the same fate instantaneously would be an appalling vista.

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
Toddy said:
Cheers,
Mary

I'll ask: what is a medieval braies?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE