Earthquake in Kent

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
We had an earthquake here about 7mins to 3, 4.3 on the richter scale, enough to shake the house and move the chairs. What surprised me was the rumbling sound that came with it. Its the first one I have been awake for or not in the sea during.;)

I just hope that the lime plaster I put on the walls yesterday stayed put!

Anyone else feel it?

Rob.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Did not feel it here,unless I was out cold. Felt the last one in Folkestone , made the house shake and rumbling noise.That one was overnight too. My first thought then was that a tree had fallen on the house.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Good news.
The plaster stayed put.:D

Bad news.
I don't have an excuse for opening that bottle of whisky. :(

Birchwood, I had the initial thought of a gas leak gone boom and went out to look about but it was eerily silent and saw no lights coming on, so went online to search until I found that link above.

Good news.
Found a reason, I felt my first 'quake.....yeah, I know. Any excuse! :lmao:

Rob.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Parts of the UK get quakes quite often. When I lived in Crail in Fife we seemed to get a couple a year.
I live not too many miles from Earthquake house these days which was an early monitering station. There's a regular series of quakes round here. Come in batches every 100 years or so. They call it the Ochil Swarm. The last biggish one set my shop alarm off a few years back just after 11pm on New Years Eve. A very drunk call out that one.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE