Eagle trail, Tatra mts, southern Poland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Eagle trail (Orla Perć)... did it yesterday. Prices were surprisingly low, town of Zakopane clean and nice, plenty of good accomodation and superb pubs with excellent food for chill out time after sunset. But bevare of local beer "Kasztelan", it´s stronger than you may think!

Orliacutestezka003_zps91a3a2f3.jpg

Orliacutestezka011_zps408f7648.jpg

Orliacutestezka035_zpsa2fda084.jpg

Orliacutestezka038_zps1b637917.jpg

Orliacutestezka053_zpsc33d1764.jpg

Murowaniec_zps33bd8a0f.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Great pics, thanks for posting. I haven't walked that one but I know the area, fantastic scenery and the locals are indeed very friendly.

:)

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Thanks guys... original Eagle path is only about 4,5 km, but it´s all chain climbing, ladders etc., it took us about 4,5 hours and we are no slacks. It takes also couple hours to get on and off the trail. It´s the supposed hardest trek in Tatras. Plenty of info is easily found on internet.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks guys... original Eagle path is only about 4,5 km, but it´s all chain climbing, ladders etc., it took us about 4,5 hours and we are no slacks. It takes also couple hours to get on and off the trail. It´s the supposed hardest trek in Tatras. Plenty of info is easily found on internet.

I've just been looking at it, it looks a bit full on, quite a few deaths according to Wikipedia, definitely on my todo list now. :)

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Not so bad, just do not underestimate the water intake and weather. But beware the weekends, Poles love to go to the mountains, and there are millions of them and just a few Polish mountain ranges. If you want to use cable cabin to the Kasprowi Wierch (Casper´s hill), which I strongly recommend if someone wants to make whole trail in one day, be there at least 20 mins before first cabin goes up. Afterwards there will form a terrible queue, as this cabin is also starting point for a lot of other trails.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE