Dyeing Desert DPM

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ok , I did do a search and I know a thread exists but I can't find it.

I have a Two nice pairs of Desert DPM Trousers I wish to dye to a more muted colour ( Earthy-chocolate Brown ) , so:-

1) Best way to Prep them

2) Best way to Dye them

3) What shops tend to stock Dylon Dye???

Many thanks! Your all great people !!!

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Make sure they're clean first tho as you might get funny patterns of resistant areas :) If you want patterning, you can make a great mottle by partially wetting, scrunching up the fabric, tieing it randomly and putting the lot in a poly bag, then stabbing the bejeezus out of it.... a great PMT cure for the gals :)

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Make sure they're clean first tho as you might get funny patterns of resistant areas :) If you want patterning, you can make a great mottle by partially wetting, scrunching up the fabric, tieing it randomly and putting the lot in a poly bag, then stabbing the bejeezus out of it.... a great PMT cure for the gals :)

Sounds a lot like the hippy tie dying in the early 70's.........................

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

A little bit of resistance can be a good thing.

< Insert smiley Emoticon here >

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE