Dyeing army sleeping bag liners?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted dude 7861

I want to dye a few desert army sleeping bag liners, (sand coloured, cotton inner) to black. What's the best way of doing this and what sort of dye will be safe to use that won't run or mark a sleeping bag as I'm sure the liner will get a a bit warm and sweaty in summer!

I'll need plenty of info as I haven't attempted to dye anything before so help is greatly appreciated :)

Matt.

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
I use Dylon dye from the supermarket, follow the instructions on the pack and cant go wrong, remember to add a pinch of salt to the mix and to iron it once its dry to set the dye... then wash it all 3-4 times and you shouldnt have any worries with it running...

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Remember that Dylon (and probably other makes) need twice the amount of dye if you want true black (been caught by that one myself) rather then very dark grey

Machine dye is easiest (the salt 'mordant' types are the most colourfast from experence ), just make sure you let everyone else who uses that washing machine know (unless they're all goths) and clean it afterwards (run it empty at least once, twice is better)

OK then, Why?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE