Dutch Scout knife Metal sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Hi all,

I'm looking to find a metal sheath for this knife - as it was given to me because it was lacking exactly that. Now I found this place that sells them :D but they're all sold out :( Can anyone here recommend a place:confused:

28421bbb.jpg

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
As far as I know that knife is of German origin, not Dutch.

Try a search on pfadfinder messer. Especially ebay.de regulary has auctions on them.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Ant supplies are very good why not e mail them and see if they are getting any more?
Are you sure it will fit cos that does look like a German knife; my mate has one like it I am sure there is a Swastika on it somewhere; maybe the sheath I can't remember
That knife would make a great project knife but I would check out the value first just in case

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
I had one of those when I was a Boy Scout in the 60's. That was German, made by Solingen and a copy of the original Hitler Jugend knife - I guess they just carried on making them after the war and just dropped the swastika from the hilt. Lord knows where you'll get the metal sheath from now!

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Ant supplies are very good why not e mail them and see if they are getting any more?
Are you sure it will fit cos that does look like a German knife; my mate has one like it I am sure there is a Swastika on it somewhere; maybe the sheath I can't remember
That knife would make a great project knife but I would check out the value first just in case

Will do. According to the measurements given on the site it should fit...

The same design was used by the HJ, only the Swastika sign is replaced with the Fleur de Lis logo - although the photo doesn't show it, it is in crafted in the green diamond.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
I had one of those when I was a Boy Scout in the 60's. That was German, made by Solingen and a copy of the original Hitler Jugend knife - I guess they just carried on making them after the war and just dropped the swastika from the hilt. Lord knows where you'll get the metal sheath from now!

That's what I thought... they must have had a large batch after the war and simply whipped out the red Swastika logo and replaced it with the Boy Scouts Fleur de Lis. Good thinking on someone's part :)

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Anyone else know where I might be able to get one...?

I've very limited knowledge on this subject but a friend recently sold a replica hitler youth dagger with a replica solingen sheath - minus the swastika as standard which he showed to me. By a process of deduction I would suggest that replicas are available somewhere, although where I don't know, and my friend got it from a house clearance lot he bought, so he wouldn't have any provenance. Perhaps try MilWeb?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE