dutch ovens

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've got one.
It's a good oven nice and solid.
Bakes wonderfully.

I doubt you'll get it cheaper as Ronnie sunshines can't seem to keep them in stock for long when they get them in.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I was looking at getting that one from Ronnie Sunshine.

Only thing that's putting me off is that it's only 4 litre size and I was after a larger version. If you're able to get the next size up I'd more than likely go for one price etc dependant

I got a couple (different sizes) from Ronnie Sunshines when they first started stocking them. As it says in the small print, you have to do the seasoning yourself (the more expensive brands eg Lodge come ready seasoned).

The biggest cost with these things is the p&p, I managed to find myself within a short diversion of berkhampstead and so arranged to collect.

Good guys, good gear, reasonable prices (no links, just a satisfied customer).

As previously stated, they don't stay in stock long and they know they're already very reasonably priced, so I doubt they'd do much of a discount for a GB unless it was for large numbers, and as stated a good proportion of the cost is the shipping.

On a similar note, anyone know a cheap source for good potjie's?

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I've been considering a DO for a while and even joined a DO specific forum to research it. I would be interested to know what the price would be inc P&P
Alan

To the right of the Oven price there is a UK P&P Price of £6:99 quoted!

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
thanks for that guys, i will have to sort out another gb in a day or two.

and yes scottishwolf i found that out aswell when i did a serch for dutch ovens aswell :):)

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
On a similar note, anyone know a cheap source for good potjie's?

Have a chat with John Muirden at Unbeaten Tracks. Very helpful and discounts available for full members of this forum. I suspect that he might be able to go further than that with a group buy.

I have the Super Potjie and it really is super as some of you will testify after having eaten Beths stews!

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
That's a crackin bit o kit Tripi good size and well useful and it makes brilliant stews with Beth's help I for one will certainly vouch for the stew Yummm.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
thats true beth dose make a great stew...a very good oven i'll check what sort of deal i can get...any one more iterested in Tripi's DO than the one i found ..????? i'd hate to start somthing and not have many happy people joining in.......but i do like the first one because of the price,even before i have even asked what deal i can get

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Have a chat with John Muirden at Unbeaten Tracks. Very helpful and discounts available for full members of this forum. I suspect that he might be able to go further than that with a group buy.

I have the Super Potjie and it really is super as some of you will testify after having eaten Beths stews!

had a chat they will give 5% off to BCUK members ....but i have gone with my original http://www.ronniesunshines.com/cast-iron-dutch-oven-p-418.html ....and have put it in the group buy forum as of now .....and i may say myself that i do think it is not to bad a deal :):)

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
The super potjie that I have is considerably more expensive - I got a great deal at the Game Fair this year and still paid £60 for it - they are normally £80 + p&p.

The one you have is great value from Ronnies though.

All hail the potjie. I reckon Beth needs to do a potjie cooking workshop at the moot next year!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE