Dutch Army / Lowe Alpine Sting with side pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

minds_eye

Aug 30, 2011
South West UK
Picked this up after a lot of research, looking for a sturdy bushcraft pack that would actually fit my back length, rather than a lot of the packs designed for shorter backs / meant to be worn with belt kit (Centurio, Sabre etc). This has a fully adjustable back system to fit a wide variety of torso lengths, with a simple but reliable adjustment system.

Only flogging this as I have two of these packs, and really don't need both.

Specs (from another site):
APS 3 Adjustable back system
Single compartment
Zip off Side pockets whihc zip togeather to form a small pack
Two 51mm/20 inch high grade removable aluminium staves
Wand pockets each side
External and internal lid pockets
Quick release chest strap
Reinforced haul loops front and back
Internal hydration pocket
25mm modular webbing system
main seams triple sewn
Doubled base material
Volume: Main Pack 55L. Pockets 20L
Material: 1000D Cordura
Weight: 3.42 Kg
Back Length: 15 to 20 inches
Colour: NATO Woodland Camo

Blurb / info:
55 litre pack main pack with internal pocket for a hydration bladder + 20 litre removable side pockets (for a total capacity around 75 litres, or stripped down 55 litres).

If you're not familiar with these packs, the side pockets zip off very quickly, to form a removable 20 litre day pack. This variety has a strap attached to each pocket, rather than needing a separate yoke for the pockets.

A review says it better than I could:
Nice65 - http://www.britishblades.com/forums...-Sting-50-70ltr-rucksack-Quick-look-plus-pics

Pics:
Gf5vldS.jpg

dTdYhsy.jpg

Condition:
I bought this as 'super-grade, handpicked' from Endicotts a wee while ago, asking Kev to hook me up with the best condition super grade bag / pockets he had in stock (I notice that option isn't listed any more on their site, but was a bump in price over the Grade 1). Since then I've loaded the pack up / tried it on in the house and then stored it. As such it's in great condition and looks pretty much as good as you'll get.

Price:
£55 shipped to UK (collection available from Lancaster at a discount).

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE