Dutch army arctic sleeping bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Inky

Nov 4, 2012
Cambridge
Does anyone have any experience with this sleeping bag (the big ones with studs round the zip and hood to attach a bivi)? Just wondered how they compare to the british 95 bag in terms of weight/warmth etc. also if anyone has the bivi that goes with it how do you find that?? Thinking of getting both.

Jan 15, 2014
Belgium
I have read a lot about it on Dutch forums and they all say it's very nice, warm bag for very cold winters. The only downside is the big weight (5kg!) and the big pack size.
You can indeed buy a bivy that is made for this sleeping bag and clicks onto it. You can buy the 2 in a kit on dutch military dump stores online for about a 100 euros.
I wouldn't recommend it for hiking as it is too heavy to carry but it is a very nice bag if you go camping by car or for bushcraft usage. :)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I have no personal experience but recently out with someone who had one complete with bivvy It was bulky and heavy and he said he was cold while I was fine in my Vango 3 season down bag he is getting rid of his lol

Most army bags are bulky and heavy though but My British Arctic bag while certainly the latter could never be described as cold! Toasty warm

I am sure someone with direct experience of dutch system will be along in due course but funny enough that was the first time I had seen anyone with the whole set up

kaiAnderson

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2013
Liverpool
I have 2, they're quite heavy, bout 2kg which I would say is the only downside I think but I was always warm in them (but then I don't feel the cold too much). The bivvi part weighs next to nothing but annoyingly cant be used without the sleeping bag. the gortex on me bivvi has started to deteriorate a little. if you hold it to the light you can see pin ****** through it. I also used the 95bag when I was in the army and I thought the dutch was comfier, the lining is nicer too. warmth I couldn't comment on as in the army you always sleep fully clothed. ive slept in the snow in me 95 and in monsoons in the dutch and both were very weather proof.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
This is the beast compressed
etutanu5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Not sure haven't had any experience with that bag. I just weighed my complete kit sleep system, SFA, knife, cook kit, stove etc etc. and it came in at 17kgs without water on board :( I won't be walking miles with that weight on my back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE