Dual survivor

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
You can actually learn to stop being bothered by pain, i'm not sure what extent this goes to but try next time you cut yourself or anything, just think: 'actually this doesnt hurt' and it sort of stops hurting. It's kinda cool, works with cold too, but as i say dunno to what extent.

Think it's related to the placebo effect stuff.

Being a joiner i get cut on my hands quite often , to me its part of the job (just try telling that to the h.s.e.)
You tape it up and just get on with it .

I once walked 20 miles after going over on my ankle , i was in the middle of nowhere in the highlands .
only later when i got to fort william did i find out i had broken a bone in my foot , it did hurt but you just grin and bear it .

Craig..............

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
You can actually learn to stop being bothered by pain, i'm not sure what extent this goes to but try next time you cut yourself or anything, just think: 'actually this doesnt hurt' and it sort of stops hurting. It's kinda cool, works with cold too, but as i say dunno to what extent.

The big thing with a lot of these tricks is you need to be able to do them before you need them. A lot of the 'Monk' tricks are meditation, and breath control, which must control certain responses and I bet they effect reactions like shock.

There surposed to be a thing about being shot. Something to do with survival rates, and it basically says the biggest thing in your favour of surviving being shot, is to have survived being shot before.

Thats what John Rambo was trained to do, ignore pain, live off the land and eat things that would make a Billy Goat puke!

A lot like Croc Dundee 'Well, you can live on it, but it taste like s***."

If you want to survive war, you have to become war..........

LOL

I actualy bought a Dave Cantabry Pathfinder knife last month and it aint bad, I will make a few clones I think finnish it a bit better thoe!

Yeah, he seems to have come over to the light side, and gone Mora style.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
In the first episode, they possibly did the exact opposite of anyone who has a brain cell would do.
They left the raft, hidden in trees, away from the shore. Anyone should know that you would either leave the raft on the beach to attract rescuers or take it with you as shelter. It is inflatable to it would be a good insulator of heat being lost to the ground, etc.

That could have saved them alot of work.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Didn't Dave used to recommend the Ka Bar Fighting Knife as a survival blade?????? I suppose that's his military training.

He did carry the Tracker a lot, not sure I remember the Ka Bar but it possible. The interesting thing is after seeing a mora in the hands of an expert he switched. He hunts deer as well so very interesting change.

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
I grew up in Australia and only wore shoes if forced into it. Never a problem.

Spent a year on Oz and tried going barefoot as much as possible. Walked a mile to get some fags on a 43deg day and got burn blisters all over my soft white pommie feet! Never again! lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE