Dronning Maud Dale of Norway Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

some like it cold

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2009
forest of dean
Hi this is my first review so be gentle

I recently did an arctic survival challenge for charity and used this jumper throughout the holiday so just a quick review of it (all things expressed here are the opinion of the reviewer and not to be taken as fact etc. etc)

heres it in use on the skidooing day
adscams099.jpg
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4870/adscams099.jpg

The first thing that struck me about this jumper was the weight of it ive had thick jumpers before but this one weighs a lot (just checked and its ). you can tell the quality of it with good stitching etc but i was shocked by the weight, but once on and busy i personally didnt notice it at all. the jumper is very comfy but quite noisy when moving.

i wore this jumper for over a week and it is simply fantastic the temperature got below -35 and i still never got cold. i was wary as to how waterproof a woolen jumper could be but in those temperatures i didnt get wet at all (i know its a very dry cold). spent lots of time in the snow and even when skidooing with the snow blasting up it didnt get noticeably wet inside the jumper.

spent some time cutting trees and carrying wood (lots of rough bark and twigs etc) and there is now some wear to the front of the jumper but not noticeably so therefore im guessing it is made to last. SWMBO has washed this jumper a few times and it still seems to retain its water repellancy (ive worn it in light drizzle and its not got soaked through). This is now my jumper of choice in all temps below 10 degrees (any warmer and its just too warm to use it)

the price new is £175 which at first glance seems very expensive (im a cheapskate and have never paid over £100 for anything) but having used it im in love and would consider getting one when and if this one gives up the ghost

jumper1f.jpg

Pro's: Very warm, Water repellant, windproof,

Cons: weight, cost and the fact whenever you wear it everyone comments on the fact you're wearing a xmas jumper :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE