Driveway Alarm PHYSEN

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Code 4

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2020
Shrewsbury
Got this yesterday. I live in an isolated place. This monitors the lane to my house. I have set the sensor on a loose post, just to play with it.. Its about 80 paces from my front door but before you get to some of my outbuildings. Range is about 500 foot. I set the sensor high so the cats do not set it off. Picks up a person or vehicle no problem. You can plug the speaker into any socket. There about 50 different tunes but I haven't tried them yet. First impressions are its a very useful bit of kit. Might have another for the workshop. It was about £28 from Amazon.
First picture is the speaker indoors.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iGZsL7]p1 by kymco kid, on Flickr[/URL]

Next picture the sensor.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iGWHDr]p2 by kymco kid, on Flickr[/URL]

Reactions: The Frightful

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’ll be interested to hear how this goes, whether the sensor is getting triggered by foxes etc. I’d like something similar, but I can see us getting woken regularly by next doors cats wandering in range. Mind you, crunchy gravel and a pair of terriers usually let us know when someone’s in the drive. ;)

Code 4

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2020
Shrewsbury
I’ll be interested to hear how this goes, whether the sensor is getting triggered by foxes etc. I’d like something similar, but I can see us getting woken regularly by next doors cats wandering in range. Mind you, crunchy gravel and a pair of terriers usually let us know when someone’s in the drive. ;)
I have 10 cats and we get foxes and badgers on the prowl. I have angled it and kept it quite high. It was all quiet last night.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Battery power sensor? What is the life? I had a battery powered door bell and the battery went flat in no time, from both the button unit and the bell unit (button took a little longer). I rather suspect that, given how few visitors I have, it was constantly on and sending/receiving a signal that did in the batteries.

Reactions: Robson Valley

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
i Can see a real use for these in remote areas. Three dogs were stolen yesterday from farms or remote household. One turned up mid-evening found near Birmingha.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Battery power sensor? What is the life? I had a battery powered door bell and the battery went flat in no time, from both the button unit and the bell unit (button took a little longer). I rather suspect that, given how few visitors I have, it was constantly on and sending/receiving a signal that did in the batteries.

They seem to do a Solar unit also. ( Although I'm kinda sceptical about some Solar build quality )

Code 4

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2020
Shrewsbury
Had this 7 months now and still on original batteries. Great bit of kit. The guy delivering my logs asked how I knew he was there as he usually just drops and goes. When I explained he wanted the details for his own home. I can hear it in bed as its in a room under my bedroom and its mounted by the ceiling. Only get the occasional false alarm usually triggered by sheep or a badger. Its easy to readjust position as I still have the sensor mounted on a spare post in the wood shed. If I am working in the woodshed I turn it off at the mains otherwise it drives the family mad. I might get another for my workshop as that's even further away from the lane.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Had this 7 months now and still on original batteries. Great bit of kit. The guy delivering my logs asked how I knew he was there as he usually just drops and goes. When I explained he wanted the details for his own home. I can hear it in bed as its in a room under my bedroom and its mounted by the ceiling. Only get the occasional false alarm usually triggered by sheep or a badger. Its easy to readjust position as I still have the sensor mounted on a spare post in the wood shed. If I am working in the woodshed I turn it off at the mains otherwise it drives the family mad. I might get another for my workshop as that's even further away from the lane.

Does this ONLY work once the unit is plugged into a socket or does it work whilst unplugged for a bit? Just wondering if there is an internal battery in the pluggy in bit. Thanks.

Code 4

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2020
Shrewsbury
Does this ONLY work once the unit is plugged into a socket or does it work whilst unplugged for a bit? Just wondering if there is an internal battery in the pluggy in bit. Thanks.
If I switch it off and then forget! I can switch it back on the next day and then just press a button and it resets. No battery in the plug in bit. If you want to change the tune you need to get them close to each other so I don't bother as that would be hassle for me. Only works when plugged in and you can choose how loud you want it.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
If I switch it off and then forget! I can switch it back on the next day and then just press a button and it resets. No battery in the plug in bit. If you want to change the tune you need to get them close to each other so I don't bother as that would be hassle for me. Only works when plugged in and you can choose how loud you want it.

Thanks - Cant be just stuck in the pocket after charging for a bit as you walk around. Shame.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE