Drilling a Frosts Mora handle?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sgw1

Aug 16, 2010
Yorkshire
Has anyone tried drilling a Frosts Mora handle to enable a security lanyard to be attached?

I think it is has a thin tang which might make it difficult unless it stops short in the plastic handle.

Anyone tried or have any advice?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
IIRC the mora has a half tang. I seem to remember someone showing an xray of the handle on here once.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Yup, I drilled the end block then tapped for a couple of screws on a frankenmod, to secure the knife in the plastic sheath.
DSCF2610.jpg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Tink of the attempt by Dr Frankenstein to dreat a human, then relate that to my early skills at modding kit, function over form.

I used the back belt clip and strap from a set of body armour for a dangler belt loop, cut a slit in the top of the plastic sheaths belt loop and fed through a length of webbing strap, lyed it up the front of the sheath with a female clip and taped into position with electrical tape, on the knife i drilled the end block of the handle tapped both sides and screwd a short length of strap with the male clip to the handle, and there you have it, a secure knife, and the strap sits behind the hand when in use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE