DPM Z Force folding sleeping mat, review & request for carying/packing advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
17685456763_a55409fc83_z.jpg

Army DPM camo Z Force folding sleeping mat,
Materials - Outer: 300D PU coated polyester - Inner: PE foam
Size - 185 x 48 x 1.3cm
Pack size - 48 x 23 x 8cm
Weight - 580g
Available in black or DPM camo for £19.00 inc P & P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Highlande...hash=item464b1e1795:m:mWVyjVktml3hvNMgD7bgLJA

not self inflating not quite as cheep as "dwardo's Cheap memory foam/inflatable mat" which if I didn't already have the Z Force sleeping mat I would be up for a Dwardo mat @12 ish £'s

Only tried the Z Force sleeping mat out in the garden but I suppose ground is ground, I found it worked well & I didn't feel the cold from the ground & it did get pretty cold out side that night, sleeping in a toy tent with a toy sleeping bag

Not a back packer Yet "I have all the gear & no idea" I was wondering :~

As I also find Z mat awkward to pack, I had a thought...

Would it be feasible to carry/pack my Z Force mat 1/2 folded Ie. 2 piles of 4 as opposed to 1 pile of 8, between my US Woodland Camouflage A.L.I.C.E. Pack

17407138845_a5630f9bb8_z.jpg

& my actual back with the fold running vertical it fits & feels secure straps prevent it from riding up & frame prevents it from falling down & also it feels comfortable not tried it fully packed or anything & not for any length of time.

pictures of backpack & Z mat but not when packed together

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I used to have a german army mat (i think) that folded up similar to that one. It was gash, far too thin and not that insulating. The current issue foam mat is a very good bit of kit, if a bit bulky. You can get the issue 3/4 length mat for £20 new through disposals. Very good kit, made by multimat.

Tonyuk

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
hi tony, I can't actually remember the make but I bought one of the 20 quid 3/4 length self inflate mats, before I got the z mat, didn't use as such but tried it out for size, didn't like that it was only 3/4 length & I am on the short side at 5'4". also it didn't seem to "self inflate much" (like it had lost its loft ) barely noticeable even after being left for 2 days I thought maybe it had been compressed for too long in storage. sent it back the return post was never refunded as agreed...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE