double thermarests?? Do they exist?

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
Hey guys, went camping this weekend in the bell tent, full experience we bought 6 sheep skin mats and cheated a bit and used a couple of roll mats underneath, just to ,ake sure...

Does anyone know whether you can buy dounble thermarests or something similar. I hate air beds, it's like sleeping ontop of a fridged matress. A

Any ideas? My wife would for once endorse this site if you gave me a solution!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey guys, went camping this weekend in the bell tent, full experience we bought 6 sheep skin mats and cheated a bit and used a couple of roll mats underneath, just to ,ake sure...

Does anyone know whether you can buy dounble thermarests or something similar. I hate air beds, it's like sleeping ontop of a fridged matress. A

Any ideas? My wife would for once endorse this site if you gave me a solution!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't know of any double TaR's, but I do know of 'connectors'. I'll have a looksy if I can find a piccie.

EDIT:
It's called a 'Couple Kit':
http://www.cascadedesigns.com/therm-a-rest/accessories/universal-couple-kit/product

Years ago I've seen something like a tight 'sheath' out of parachute like fabric. Just put both TaR's in the 'sheath' - job done. I think you can make one yourself very easy. Just take a piece of fabric. Twice the width of 1 TaR and as long as 1 TaR (though not really necessary). Sow the ends (width - from top to bottom) together and again in the middle.
Hope this was clear enough - as I can't find an example and don't know what it's called ...

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I haven't seen any double mats but swmbo and I use 2 normal mats (alpkit fat airics) which we hold together with some elastic straps we made.

Simply sew a length of flat elastic ~1" in width and about 75% the width of the 2 mats side by side then sew a line of stitching half way to make a figure of 8 strap. make 2 and then you insert one end of each mat into each side of the loop.

This holds the mats together nicely and stops 'continental drift' where I end up sleeping in the gap on the cold ground! ;)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Some of the more expensive ones are twice as thick as the standard thermarests, up to 2" thick I think. I was in a London store looking at the whole range they had inflated, so it was easy to see the differnt di,emsions & thicknesses.

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
cheers for the rep;ies guys, good to know were not the only ones!!

Found a double termarest style double thats 5cms thick by vango for sale for £65, not bad, and it's alot thicker than the roll mats we're using at the mo!!

Get out there the weather is beautiful goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE