Double Monkey Fist Knot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
The Double Monkey Fist Knot ABOK 2206 is an attractive covering for a marble or other sphere

bbcc.jpg

f864.jpg

cd70.jpg

I have posted a tutorial on how to make this knot http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/about196.html if you have trouble with this link I can post the tutorial here. Cheers,Tony

Aug 25, 2014
Denmark
i´m not sure if i just deleted this message, so i´ll try again...if i´m making a double post, i´m sorry.

first of...nice work.

but i thought i´d add a little on how to apply theese on a really cool way, now that winter is soon on it´s way.

you can attach them to zippers and releasepoints on your gear, so than you can release yourself from any that could drag you down, in the event of falling through a frozen lake.
if you have lost your dexterity from the cold, theese will make it easier to unzip and undress in a hurry. you simply clamp on with your palms and get out of your wet clothes before the zippers freeze, and you´ll have a fighting chance of surviving.

this is used bu the "sirius patrol" wich is a special force unit in the danish military, who guard the eastern coast of greenland, and rely on dog sleds to get around...the scenario i just described is a part of their basic training, and it makes the world of difference.

once you´ve made fire and shelter and reheated your body, you have string to help you get on with it.

again, nice work...i just thought i´d toss this one in there

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE