Double bit axe heads and a Norlund.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi Guys.

Got some surplus axe heads for sale that i recently acquired from the US. I got a few in a trade (english axes for american axes) I've picked out the couple i want so am offering the others for sale. They are all in used but decent condition. They will need re helving and the edge sorting out. Couple of small dings on one of them but nothing major.

Top two are 2 1/2lb "cruiser" axes ( as used by Dick Proenneke to build his cabin)
The top is made by plumb and is a bit shorter and thicker than the bottom one which is unmarked.
The eyes are sound, and other than needing a good sharpen they are fine.

£50 each inc postage.

ALL 3 NOW SOLD PP

This next one is a Norlund early pattern tomahawk. Though its quite a bit heavier than any tomahawk i've come across before weighing in at 1038 grams. Imo it would make a good 3/4 axe or one similar to the GB SFA. Based on below info, they had 24" handles.
Norlund are pretty legendary in the axe world. They made some of the best axes about. Info on them here
http://www.yesteryearstools.com/Yesteryears Tools/Norlund Co..html
£50 inc postage.

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Those are about as rare as hen's teeth Mark - lovely axes - I'm sure they will be snapped up!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye they are that mate :)

Think ones just gone on another forum, not sure which one he wants yet guys, so were down to one cruiser and the norlund.

Last edited:

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
If the tomahawk hasn't gone I'll take it : ) only went to get the kids from cubs, may have to make them walk next week : )

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
They are all sold unfortunately mate.

I have another of the Norlunds but i'm keeping that one for me :)

Mark! :) I started reading that - I have another of the Norlunds - brain thought brilliant, maybe i'll get one after all - then - BUT I'm keeping that one for me DOH!!! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE