"dont let kids outside!"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
can you believe the phone call I had today!?

'We have concerns that your children spend a lot of time outdoors cycling and running about'

given the Governments push for kids to be healthy and Mr Gryls saying Computer games should be banned, troubled teenagers compelled to climb mountains and mandatory community service brought in for all, the explorer Bear Grylls has said as he launches a “manifesto” to save the next generation.
Grylls, the television survivalist, said young people should be encouraged to take risks, “empowering” them to make their own judgments about safety, and be required to take “outdoor classes for all”.

Last edited by a moderator:

nitram55

Forager
Feb 24, 2006
Tamworth Staffs
Unreal , your kids must be some of the happiest kids around with the life they live children,s services need a good shake up if they think that what you all do is bad.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
yep its for real,got a letter from them on saturday saying that concerns had been reported and to contact them,we had all weekend worrying and rang them this morning at the first opportunity,somewhere thersw a child in danger and perhaps dying and not being saved as they are too busy with this sort of rubbish!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
What exactly is the concern, that they spend time outdoors or that they outdoors and beyond parental oversight?

If the former, someone needs to give their head a shake.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
the concern is them being outdoors lots,my kids are really well behaved,never show disrespect to adults and mind their P's and Q's! A good number of folk on this forum and the bushcraft community have met them and would attest to this.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
the concern is them being outdoors lots,my kids are really well behaved,never show disrespect to adults and mind their P's and Q's! A good number of folk on this forum and the bushcraft community have met them and would attest to this.

Like I said someone needs to give their head a shake.

How dodgy is your MPs seat, might be something for him/her to get his teeth into to prove his/her worth to his electorate.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I suggest that you have a close look at neighbours, locals, Fishfish. I doubt this is a Social services initiated incident, probably a complaint, no doubt from ' Concerned anonymous' who has nothing better to do. So Social Services in the light of all the revelations about their failings nationally, instantly put the 'umbrella up..just in case'..."Well we acted upon the complaint at the time"...

Just my opinion, but I reckon there's someone locally who is 'offended' to see kids with mud on their knees..:(

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
I suggest that you have a close look at neighbours, locals, Fishfish. I doubt this is a Social services initiated incident, probably a complaint, no doubt from ' Concerned anonymous' who has nothing better to do. So Social Services in the light of all the revelations about their failings nationally, instantly put the 'umbrella up..just in case'..."Well we acted upon the complaint at the time"...

Just my opinion, but I reckon there's someone locally who is 'offended' to see kids with mud on their knees..:(

oh yes ,totally.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

was thinking exactly the same

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Thats just madness, its a pity that society seems to be going towards the complete opposite of my childhood :(

I honestly my thought this thread was going to have a punchline!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE