Dont forget the Bog Roll !!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
A mate of mine, doing his national service, unzipped and pulled down his snow suit to pinch off a quick loaf, managed to unknowingly pop it into his hood.

Whoops.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Over the years, I've had too many friends forget to pack their TP when heading out to camp. And I can't count the times when I was at an event, went to the porta-john, and the TP was gone. So years ago, I stitched up several small canvas bags. I took a part roll (around 1/3 left), pressed it flat, and put it in each bag. I now have one of those canvas bags in every bag/box/trunk I might use when heading out.

I also keep one in the glove-box in my vehicle. That one gets used soooo many times when just out driving or working. The women folk appreciate it.

My dad always keeps a roll of paper towels in his truck. Most uses are for cleaning up oil/grease. But they are there when needed for other things.

Old hillbilly joke: In the outhouse are two buckets of corncobs to take care of that task - one with white cobs and a bigger one with red cobs. And the written instructions on the wall above say "Use one red cob, then use one white cob to see if you need to use another red cob!"

One thing so many people never think about anymore is that simple ... bum-rag. TP has been around for several centuries, but available supply has varied. A very common option was a rag and a wash bucket. You used the rag to wipe, then washed/rinsed it out and hung it up for the next time. Kind of like using those old-style clothe diapers for babies. Families would often have one rag for each person/kid out in the outhouse, and another for guests. Those old Romans would issue a group of soldiers a sponge on a stick and container for water to take care of that task. Wipe with that sponge on a stick, and then rinse it out for the next guy to use.

Different things to use and attitudes over the years. Some parts of ... historical research ... can be quite interesting.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE