doing something different

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
back in april my wife got me 30 cards that have walk routs in surrey. today I finally got round to doing one and i dont know why i have left it til now to do it.
befor setting off today,I took a little trip to my local surplus shop in surbiton and bought myself a new day pack and a map case, the pack is the highlander pro force 25lt the map case is the same make. I was really impressed in the quality in the pack as the ealier aditions to the same pack was made out of cheaper materials, but the more later ones are solid, I have to say highlander products have come along way and you cant go wrong with some of thier stuff now, I can tell that this day pack is going to last a very long time.

anyhoo..
the walk I did was one in Epsom downs that takes arround 2hr to do, it had taken me 2 1/2 because I had to stop to put a bew one and enjoy the weather we had.
It was so nice to do something different well... different for me, rather than going to the woods and practicing bushcraft and survival skills, it was nice to be working on my map and compass skill and learning more about navigation.

The pack was nice and light as all i carried was:
crusader cook set for my bew (sprey bottle stove and c-cup)
multi tool
first aid kit (1 man)
map case with the map, compass and note pad in it
fleace top
poncho incase it rains
survival tin

I believe thats all I needed as i had my phone fully charged so i knew that i would be safe.

I just thought i would share that with everyone, cant wait to do the next card now 

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yep gotta do some of them little walks loads of them around here in wales regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE