Does anyone have a Condor Mini Bushlore knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Does anyone have a Condor Mini Bushlore knife? I'd be keen to know what people think of them...
I've got the standard Bushlore and I love it, but I'm thinking of getting the mini, not as a main knife, but to go alongside my MOD survival knife. Sort of like a Leuku/Puukko combo I guess...
Do people think the Mini Bushlore would be too big for a neck knife? (I've got a pretty big neck :D )
Will

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
I don't - but have been thinking about one for a while. Gets good reviews on Heinnie - also a very good price there.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
I have one and yes it would make a good neck knife. The handle is small so if you have big hands could be tight. Works with a firesteel too.
Mine is currently used in the kitchen to prepare meat and veg.
Riven.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
Well remembered Dave! Yes, my son does have one, and no I don't think it's too big for a neck knife; in fact I'd say it's well suited to that role.

I've got the ordinary size Bushlore myself and love it too!

I have one

the first thing it screams is that it's a solid little knife. It comes over as a little rough n ready finish wise when you first take it out, but don't let that put you off- it's a real beater. It's not a knife that's too nice to use, and you certainly don't mind using it hard.

Out of the box it was so-so sharp, and had a really funky convex bevel which I had to sort out, I also squared off a section on the spine to use with a ferro rod

I'd disagree about the neck knife aspect though- it's heavy, (2.5mm bar stock) and the supplied sheath wouldn't hang well........in fact I'm REALLY not keen on the supplied sheath and could so with knocking up something for it

price wise, at £25 or so buy one without fear of disappointment , it regularly competes for bag space with my ESEE Izula on trips out

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Thank you gentlemen, I've placed an order for one :D My wife is going to be thrilled!
I'll let you know how I get on once I've put it through its paces... (*Batoned through the trunk of a huge oak etc.)

*This is a joke, please don't lock this thread or ban me for this comment ;)

There us a video on YouTube that discusses neck knife applications...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdZz99ij2eI

I just got one for walks in the woods, it feels great, safer than a folder, and (for my usage) will negate the need for a larger fixed blade.

However I HATE the sheath, apologies for hi-jacking the thread but does anyone know where to get a lower profile sheath from?! (Nothing too expensive or it defeats the object of a cheap knife!) I am NOT buying a pastie from the village shop with than giant sheath on my belt!

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
Interesting thread, as I have been considering the mini also. I have the regular Bushlore and quite like it. The closest thing that I have to a neck knife today are some ESEE Izula 2's. I really like those little things.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
tried one - didn't like the steel or the grind

the price has also doubled since I picked one up you can get alot more for £50

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE