Does anyone do Lapidary?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
SWMBO had an idea of doing it once, I made her a tumbler thing with an electric motor but she never got around to using it.

Watch out for the acetylene.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, I admire your doubt.

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Diamond Saw Cutting Machines and Cabmasters for Lapidary, Slicing, Grinding, Polishing and Cutting Rock_.htm

Its the top one.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There are a fair number around. Expensive to buy new, but you never get your money back on them unless you're not only an active stone fossiker *and* prepared to spend a lot of time turning them into something that will sell.
Ours was bought for the interest of seeing what was inside the geodes we found when out walking :)

I know someone who took it up, and gave up tumbling or cutting and polishing his own stones, but instead scoured the shingle beaches after rain looking for small pretty stones. He mounted them in pendant mounts and gave them a coat of varnish :rolleyes:
It works incredibly well to make shiny looking pebble jewellery, and it sells too.

cheers,
M

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No idea.

Im fastinated by stones but the very mention of crystal magic and I fly into a homicidal rage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE