do you think he needs a lesson????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
well if he reads the comments then it should put him on the right path. And he might even end up in our neck of the woods.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I think you guys are being a bit unfair, he's clueless yep, he's b*ggered up a probably expensive knife yep, but at least he's out there doing it, which is worse, someone who knows everthing & sits in front of the tele all day or a bloke 'inspired' to get out & try things even if his Knowledge is limited. All he needs is a little guildance from chaps like you,a little less Bear Grylls & a little more BCUK. the comments are great too, they seem to be saying the same things as you but in more colourful language.
It's easy to forget, we were all amateurs once!

All it would have taken is a few minutes to watch or read up on how to use his equipment properly and safely. He obviously knows of Bear Grylls and has no doubt seen his TV programme. If he watched closely enough he would have seen Mr Grylls using the firesteel in the correct way. If the programme wasn't on TV and he didn't have the DVD he could have watched it on youtube which he obviously has access to. I have no sympathy for idiots, and rightly or wrongly, in my opinion (if the clip in question is not a spoof) this guy is a first grade, fully paid up member of the idiot society.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
i think he need to get on this fourm and read some more and if hes going to watch Ray Mears as he said he did then he wants to pay attention to how he does things not just take the genral concept. i truley hope he dosent land up killing himself in the bush.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
You know chaps, I can't help thinking the jerk on the vid has got what he wanted, a buzz, how many more hits has he had on his vid thanks to us,........I'm leaving NOW before I start to believe this guy is worth discussing.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
You know chaps, I can't help thinking the jerk on the vid has got what he wanted, a buzz, how many more hits has he had on his vid thanks to us,........I'm leaving NOW before I start to believe this guy is worth discussing.

lol i think that was his whole intention, to cause outrage with person's who know he's acting like a fool.

If he was really like this do you think he'd have any fingers/thumbs left?

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
when i watched the vid i was unsure of how bad he was doing things, and cold not be sure he was useing the edge of his knife, i thought he was just useing the back edge at a weard angle.....

so its not me being a mong then?????

some of the comments on here are so funny......LMFAO....;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
All his equipment looks new, I think this hobby is new to him too. No big deal with the knife, he'll learn.

At least he is out and camping, not sat at home in front of his computer.

eminen

Forager
Dec 28, 2010
Glasgow,Scotland
NOOOOOO....... why did he have to be scottish!!! the shame :twak: should have come from some far away corner on earth some where we have never heard of.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Even without injury, that was painful!

I get the feeling that he was using a mish-mash of traditional striker and ferro techniques ~ but sometimes there's no reasonable excuse for not using the search function.

Hopefully he doesn't use his sharpening stones in the same way :yikes: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE