Do you know

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Of course you don't, but I am just about to tell you (smarty pants, me.

You can make Clingon type clips for your Tarp for free.
All you need to do is rake out an old trouser hanger that you are not using or get one for free from a drapers who is disposing of them.
You can remove the clips from the main bar if you cut the end off the bar and prise open the clip jaws with your fingers and slide it off the end of the bar. DON'T use too much force or the jaws will not close tightly again and grip your Tarp. The nect part is to drill a hole in one of the handle part of the clip. This is easiest to do if you wedge something (apiece of wood of the appropriate thickness between the handles. the hole is for your guy-line to attach to. Job complete! If the grip is not strong enough to grip tightly, just roll the edge of the tarp round a small twig and re insert it in the jaws.
These are not as strong as proper Clingons for use in a gale, but what do you expect for nothing. Ideal for calmer weather, or if you just wish to hang a small weight from the Tarp
to help it drain where you want it to. Some people don/t like Clingons, and prefer to wrap a pebble in the corner of the Tarp then Tie a knot round the neck of the parcel as it were
but I do like Clingons as you can move them around the Tarp at will to where you want them. I hope the above is of use to some of you. Some clips are not very robust, but I found the ones on M and S very suitable, they may part withsome pare trouser hangers for free if you ask nicely, I am about to scrounge some , if I can.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE