Do i become a maker....? guaging interest

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Ive recently been making some copper projects like paracord beads and key tags and my head is full of other related copper projects.
Now my question is would there be an interest for these kind of items amongst the bushcraft and knife communities,enough for me to register and become a maker of these?

as a rough guide prices would be £20 - £35 depending on sizes,designs,materials and time to make these.

Can you please give me your honest opinions for or against......pm me if you wish

heres what ive made so far,

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
they do indeed look smart mate and I'd bet theres a market out there but bushcrafters tend to want some practical function too

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Perhaps approach/ask Tony whether it'd be okay to offer up a limited (number specific) quantity for sale to see whether moving to Maker status is likely to be worth the time, effort and money? He might say yes, he might say no :dunno:

It's very difficult to guage the sizes of the items in your pic, therefore it's difficult for folk to guage if they consider the price range you mention to be something they`d want to pay.

Perhaps having the items attached to suitable items would help sell the dream too?

It might also be worth looking to see whether there's a potential market on etsy or somesuch ;) Perhas see what your potential UK based cometitors are charging for reasonable equivalents on the various other craft sales websites?

Either way, good luck with your endeavour :D .

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
they do indeed look smart mate and I'd bet theres a market out there but bushcrafters tend to want some practical function too

Thanks for your view mate.when you say practical function what do you mean?
your views appreciated:)

Perhaps approach/ask Tony whether it'd be okay to offer up a limited (number specific) quantity for sale to see whether moving to Maker status is likely to be worth the time, effort and money? He might say yes, he might say no :dunno:

It's very difficult to guage the sizes of the items in your pic, therefore it's difficult for folk to guage if they consider the price range you mention to be something they`d want to pay.

Perhaps having the items attached to suitable items would help sell the dream too?

It might also be worth looking to see whether there's a potential market on etsy or somesuch ;) Perhas see what your potential UK based cometitors are charging for reasonable equivalents on the various other craft sales websites?

Either way, good luck with your endeavour :D .

Thanks for taking time to reply mate.
The sizes are approx. 10mm/12mm diameter and 15mm/30mm long for the beads,the key tags approx. 25mm x 30mm/40mm.Im looking at other areas to maybe sell these.Ive had a look on a few sites but as yet I haven't found anything like these,advice is appreciated.:)

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Take tht large pendant for instance, put a notch in it instant man jewellery bottle opener

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
I would say a lot of it would come down to cost unfortunately for most. If the items are purely for show im guessing your market is going to be more limited to the people who have the extra cash spare or are willing to save.. however as I've said before your work is great and im sure you won't have too much trouble selling some :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE