DIY lightweight camping meals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
They have an open roll up bottom with a sliding clip.

Peanut butter & nutella mixed is my usual go to, Philadelphia, Marmite or pretty much anything gooey.

(in a meeting, tapping on phone under table)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Lol bad boy!! Are they difficult to clean? Do they hold enough in each tube to do 2 bagels? Snickers now do a jar of peanut butter chocolate and caramel mix that would be nice in there!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lol bad boy!! Are they difficult to clean? Do they hold enough in each tube to do 2 bagels? Snickers now do a jar of peanut butter chocolate and caramel mix that would be nice in there!!

Dead easy to clean mate, just slide the clip off and run it under a hot tap

You can see the clip and filling technique 3:30 into this vid (looks quite a good recipe actually) ...
[video=youtube;7VZp2-P4Kyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VZp2-P4Kyc[/video]

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Guys , any ideas where I can get round ( or square if need be ) silicone/ fine mesh sheets for dehydrator in the UK?

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Dead easy to clean mate, just slide the clip off and run it under a hot tap

You can see the clip and filling technique 3:30 into this vid (looks quite a good recipe actually) ...
[video=youtube;7VZp2-P4Kyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VZp2-P4Kyc[/video]

Sorry mate I meant the 2nd ones, the amazon tubes

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Guys , any ideas where I can get round ( or square if need be ) silicone/ fine mesh sheets for dehydrator in the UK?

I'm interested in this too, I currently cut out circles of greaseproof paper for my stuff, having something to just chuck in the washing up would be great.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Toddy put something up earlier about pound land selling the silicone sheeting. I'm after some too and currently do the greaseproof paper thing like you rich.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry mate I meant the 2nd ones, the amazon tubes

They're both the same Steve, the white ones are just slightly smaller I think. You can buy the bigger clear ones over here too, have a scout around and you should find some.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
mung bean noodles
Chilli and garlic in 'toothpaste' tubes
Sundried tomatoes
Smash
chorizo (pepperami comes in handy sizes and isn't too bad, doesn't need refrigeration)
sunflower seeds - add to anything and very high in calories.
Olives in those small packs you get in supermarkets
cup a soup - have with noodles or use to make up smash
Tortilla chips (plain) Crush and sprinkle over food, adds texture and calories.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE