023-2.jpg

hatchet arrived last friday

029-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

is that head even safe??

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Think id get in touch with them and voice your concerns, send copies of the photo's as well and tell them that in your opinion it's not in a safe condition, ive always found them to have exemplary aftersales service

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Axminster will sort it. Never had anything but quality service from them. Most of my knifemaking equipment came from them.

I bough a milling machine from them not long back that didn't work. Gave them a ring and they had another to me in 15 hours, no messing.

i have bean using axminster for twenty years now and i think your right its a naff product that been sent out but knowing axminster i would duck after you have phoned them as the replacement will come flying at you rapid lol.

the one thing you do get with axminster is quality, either on the products and on the staff and there returns policy.

just be greatfull most japanise tools all arrive in bits normaly, a true carpenter from japan will make his tools finish himself so they normaly come in pieces unfinished or unfetted

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
You have not stated , how much the axe was , you did not say that you had contacted the company with your dissapointment, and what their response was , i am guessing its a mass produced imported item ,which was probably not inspected re dispach, quality control, being wrapped etc. I can also understand your dismay when you unwrapped it !

But i have bought loads of items from them and never a problem .

I delivered and collected from them for 6 years , and found them to be a good company , ( no affilliation , and all that stuff )

Give them a chance to put right a wrong , before you announce unhappiness , in the public domain ( just an opinion of course )

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
axminster is my second port of call tommoroow morning after i win the lottery tonight, one of evry thing please!!

the first is ?????????????????????????

FISHING TACKLE SHOP AT BRECON

Hey, there is a queue you know :)

Their High Wycombe store has 10% off on 3/4th Feb I think if anyone is local and planning any purchases soon. (No affiliation etc just a regular and very happy customer :) )

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE