Dinner in the woods this evening

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Well not quite dinner, a tin of Aldi's finest tomato and red pepper soup, it was jolly tasty though.

Got restless today at about three o'clock so I loaded up the old faithful Highlander Forces 33 and went for a mooch , a little fire and a mug of hot soup up in the hills/woods, got there for about four o clock.

I was quite proud of myself, got the fire going in no time at all despite the light rain and everything being wet and covered with green slime, couldn't have done it without the Fiskars.

There was a perfect amount of wind which helped a lot.

Got a couple of new cuts, which seems to be customary now every time I go out with anything sharp.

My trusty tools
DSCF0065.jpg

The dining area
DSCF0066.jpg

No need for a pan
DSCF0068.jpg

The finished product
DSCF0070.jpg

Delicious !
DSCF0072.jpg

The clouds cleared at about half six and there was enough moonlight for me to be able to walk about a mile back to the car without using my torch, a perfect end to a thoroughly enjoyable few hours :D

Last edited:

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
No problem, every time I/we go out I wish I had a camera so I could take some pics.

I finally got myself a new one on Monday so I could offload all my junk on Ebay.

Note the BCUK beard :lmao:

Last edited:

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
You're not actually allowed to have fires up there lannyman, but seeing as how I fill up a carrier bag with litter dropped by families with grotty kids every time I go up there I think they owe me.

Rob_Beek

Forager
Dec 19, 2009
Crewe
Nice one Rex, good post. Up for a night out this weekend? Might get a sleeping bag tomorrow, if there is any about. May try and do an exchange for that day bag i've got.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
yeh I'm up for it, we going up anley duck tomorrow ? There's a good shop in manchester and they've got a few Vango bags in that shop in Crewe. You still after one of those 58 pattern bags ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE