Didn't get the Job!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Title says it all really!

I'm really cheesed off, turns out that it was probably something of a put up job!

One of the applicants already works for them and knew them all by name! Thinking back she even hinted at it being a walk over.

Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for all your support and help earlier!

Regards

Pib

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Sorry to hear that Pib :( I am sure your ideal job is out there.

Chalk this one up as interview practice for 'the' job. It is worth contacting the last interviewer for feedback on your application and interview to help you next time. Usually they are happy to give constructive feedback. You may also find that you were what they were looking for but this time there was simply a more experienced candidate in which case ask them to contact you if similar posts become available.

Edit Ok whats going on message starts s-o-r-r-y to ... but it wont appear on screen is this a banned word??

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Pib :(

Do you think you have grounds for complaint if they were just going through the motions
to satisfy some box-ticking exercise and had no intention of considering you?

I've heard of it happening before and it's maddening - surely it must be vaguely illegal?

If they have a tendency to 'promote from within' is it worth trying a short-term lesser job
with them so that they can see your potential before you get a better job with them or
are you sufficiently cheesed off that they're blacklisted now?

What's your plan B? At least you have some recent interview experience :)

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
It's not on! but it's proving it! When we were waiting for the interviews one of the other candidates had said that it was clear who was getting the job, but at the time the staff seemed a bit dismissive of the particular person in question so I didn't read much in to it!

I was told I was a strong candidate but this other person was more experienced. This would have been clear from the CV and application form.

There are also warden posts available from June and they have said that I will be in with an opportunity for one of these posts, but I'm not holding my breath, partly coz I suspect I've been filed under B.I.N and the money wouldn't be something I can drop to. :( Bloody money!

I don't know if I have a plan B!

I'm a little lost at the moment need to get my head straight first!

Pib

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Really disappointed for you. I'm afraid that the truth of the matter is that this often happens. Someone has the job on a short term contract and legally they have to advertise it on the open market before they can fill it permanently although they know who they want. Keep your chin up and keep trying.:eek:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Sorry to hear that Mate, chin up and remember everything happens for a reason and a few years down the line when you're as happy as larry in your new job (whatever it turns out to be) you'll look back and think "thank god I didn't get that other job or I've have missed this one" ;)

All the best,

Bam. :D

(EDIT: I can't seem to say s-o-r--r-y at the top either)

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Thanks for your comments really appreciated.

A brief synopsis of my day! Put my boot on, which I'd left on the door mat, crushed a snail in the toe!

Seems I saw a Red Kite which is pretty cool!

Didn't get the job!

Now I've just broken a tooth! Time to go to bed before anything else happens me thinks!

Pib

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE