did anyone bye one of these knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
i bought a knife the last day ebay was selling them and i got it in the post today.
it does not come with a sheath and it made frome stainless carbon steel, thats what it said on the ad. its a little bit smaller than a frost mora clipper, only by about 3mm and i only payed £5 for it.

i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of knife it was and if its any good for bushcraft, and does anyone use it them self, if so i would like some feedback on it.

heres the pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sammyray/3350897447/

many thanks monkey boy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I used to have one which looks very similar

knife.jpg

I imported mine from Germany for about £20 about 5 years ago

Mine was made in Germany but I can't remember the name of the manufacturers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah it was okay actually, it held a fairly good edge and was easy enough to sharpen.

A good buy for £5 anyway

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
u have one almost exactly the same but looks to have a shorter blade, they are quite good but i find the indentation quite uncomfortable but that might just be me

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It may or not, be a good knife for "Bushcraft"; it depends on you really.
If you can use it to cut, carve, whittle etc and you find it comfortable in use, then it is a good knife.
The only way to find out, is to use it and see how you get on. What one person considers a good knife, another person thinks is a poor tool.
A classic example is the Woodlore knife, I don't own one, because I always prefer to "try before I buy" if at all possible. I was lucky enough to be able to use several different woodlores, over a period of about a year and found that; while they may be of reasonable quality, they simply don't suit me.

There are some things, you have to find out for yourself and the right knife for you is one of them.;)

For what it's worth; your knife looks reasonable enough, though only time will tell if it is actually a real bargain.

Just my thoughts, based on my own experience:)
best wishes
R.B.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
cool thanx r.b,
dan il pm you the seller if you like, i got it on ebay. theres a few types going for about a £5 but they dont come with sheath, thats why they are so cheap.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You might want to think about doing something with the handle monkey boy, I found it a bit slippy in the wet that's all. I had plans to rub it down but I sold it on eventually.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE