Diamond Axe Stone

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I wish a company like DMT www.dmtsharp.com/ would make a round axe 'stone', like the GB stone or similar others, but with a coarse and fine side using diamonds. It could be made the same size as most commonly available stones but would be much lighter by having DMT's plastic sandwiched between the two sides.
Other advantages would be longevity as well as remaining flat over it's lifespan, whereas carborundum stones wear quickly and somewhat uneven.
Diamond stones can also be used dry or with water.
I've actually emailed DMT a couple of times over the years to suggest this idea but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Too bad as I think it's a product that would sell.
Thoughts?

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Why do you need it to be a round stone specifically ? I use DMT Double-Sided Diafolds and I love the things :) They're available in just about any combination of grits between Extra Coarse and Extre Fine (Fine and Coarse in-between). With a couple of double-siders you can carry all 4 grits in a package that weighs little more than about 3oz and you'll have the neccessary tools to remove nicks and dints from an axe or knife edge (Extra coarse) right down to producing a shaving-sharp edge (Extra Fine) Add a small strop and a bit of honing compound and you can put a mirror polish on the dge for that super-hair-poppingly sharp finish.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Why do you need it to be a round stone specifically ?

I just like the idea of having a traditional style axe stone but in modern materials. Having one as thick as the round axe stones currently available would provide clearance for the fingers.
I already have several diafold sharpeners and love the things. Maybe I'm just a gear junkie!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE